Sunday 29 April 2018

Brian's Birthday Bash

50 not out and the only way to celebrate was to share a dram with a few friends!

I'd made up my mind last year that I wanted a bottle of 50yo whisky to celebrate my birthday, unfortunately when I started looking at single malts there were none within my price range...

@BoutiqueyWhisky came to my rescue with the Batch 5 release of their 50yo Blended Scotch Whisky.





I bought a bottle from @House_of_malt in June '17 - and had it sat safely on my whisky shelves for 10 months!



At the beginning of April I carefully bottled up a few samples and sent them, along with a blind dram, to my #BlindTasting mates and a few others whom I'd swapped samples with and spent time talking to over the last year.

On my birthday we set up a Hangouts and had a great night trying first a Glen Scotia 15yo then the TBWC 50yo



Tasting notes were compared and a great time was had by all!

There's still a little left for some more detailed analysis......


Thanks to Mike, John, Alistair, Tom, Mike, Daniel, David, Tony and my Dad for sharing my bottle and making it a great 50th!

No comments: