Thursday 25 October 2018

Mini-review: Celtic origins?

Blind Sample from @WessexWhisky

In the glass: It's almost bronze! Gravity defying swirls.

Nose: Initial nose tobacco, mouldy leaves, hint of orange?

Palate: OK I think I'm revising this to a bourbon, hints of toffee and red fruit. But then again there's oak and all the moisture has been sucked out of my mouth - instant dryness. This is quite complex - chocolate and red fruit dominate but there's that ever present tobacco and maybe a hint of smoke

Finish: very drying, a mild chilli, but it just goes on forever.

Notes: A great dram but I just can't make my mind up between a Glenfarclas or a bourbon...

It turned out to be Welsh distillery Dà Mhìle (meaning 2000) 16yo - distilled by Loch Lomond but I think matured in Wales!

No comments: