The #BlindTasting gang are five friends who met on twitter sharing their passion for trying whisky.
We've met in person a number of times and it's always been fun!
|Mike, Brian, Alistair, Max, Andy & John|
The gang are:
Blind drams are labelled with an 'A'
Blind drams are labelled with a 'B'
Blind drams are labelled with a 'C'
Blind drams are labelled with a 'D'
Blind drams are labelled with an 'E'
Blind Tasting FAQ
How can I follow along with your #BlindTasting
The easiest way it to follow our hashtag on Tweetdeck:
Go to www.tweetdeck.com and click on the magnifying glass near the top left to add a new search column
Type in #BlindTasting and press the Enter key
You'll then get a new column in Tweetdeck which will automatically scroll down as we post new tweets about the #BlindTasting
How to I do a BlindTasting?
The idea is very simple:
Five friends get together via Twitter to have some fun #BlindTasting and trying to identify whiskies, this is usually over 3 evenings spread over 5 or 6 weeks.
- 15 sample bottles of 30ml
- 3 different whiskies with at least 150ml left in the bottle
- 3 free evenings (normally about 2.5 hours) over the 5 weeks to tweet about it
- final 'reveal' photos of your three whiskies
- a good sense of humour!
Note : You could do it with 12 sample bottles, you don't need to bottle up your own, but the photos look better when you have all 5 together on each evening!
What you have to do:
- Each of the five blind tasters is given a letter A to E
- Pick a whisky from your collection
- Fill five 30ml samples bottles and label them with your letter and the number 1 i.e. A1
- Pick another whisky and label the five samples A2
- Pick a third and label them A3
You'll now have 15 sample bottles, post a set of 3 e.g. A1, A2 & A3 to each of your 4 friends (approx £2.90 each for Small Parcel), you'll receive 4 parcels back B1-3, C1-3, D1-3 and E1-3
On the first night you try the five number 1's i.e. A1, B1, C1, D1 & E1, on the second evening the number 2's and on the final evening the number 3's.
All tweets share a common hashtag so you can easily follow along. Each Blind Taster takes it in turn to answer questions about their dram from the other 4 without trying to give too much away!
Then when the whisky is identified a photo can show the bottle in all it's glory!
Simple and really great fun!